To help you find your way around the festival we’re using what3words - a really simple way to find and share precise locations. Every 3 metre square in the world has its own unique three word identifier: a what3words address. Now, you can know exactly where to find site entrances, box offices and other useful points of interest - or just arrange meeting points with friends - using just three words.
- Look out for what3words addresses on our festival map and exhibitor guide in the format ///word.word.word
- To get directions to any what3words address simply click the link or enter the three words - including the full stops - into the free what3words app. Tap ‘Navigate’ to get directions straight there using the apps on your phone like Google Maps.
- 3 main public entrances (East, West & VIP)
- VIP entrance is near People’s Palace at Templeton st ///grow.pushes.kite
- East Entrance is near the hockey centre at Kings Drive / The Green ///vets.yards.wins
- West Entrance near The high Court at Clyde st / Saltmarket ///safe.icon.fries
Gates open – 4pm
Event finishes - 11pm
VIP Area Closes - 12am midnight
Open one hour before gates open
Closes at 9pm each night
Tickets are available to purchase if the event is not sold out
- VIP box office - ///pine.normal.across
- East box office and Accessible Customer wristband exchange - ///class.sample.goals
- West box office - ///pinks.socket.finds
- No persons under 12 permitted.
- Persons that are 12 - 15 years old must be accompanied into the event by an adult 21 +
- (1 adult = 4 persons aged 12 -15 years old).
- Customers aged 16 and above do not need accompanied by an adult
- A challenge 25 policy will be in operation at the gates ensuring guardians are 21 and over. Proof of age may be requested. Please bring acceptable photographic ID.
- We encourage you to take part in our guardianship process if you are attending with someone aged between 12-15 years old. Details on how to take part will be available on our website closer to the event
- A challenge 25 policy will be in operation at the bars ensuring access is restricted to persons 18 and over. Proof of age may be required. Please bring acceptable photographic ID.
Register as a Guardian
Registering your contact details for a young person under 16 is a great way to help us reunite you if you become separated at the festival. You can register your details once inside the site with the staff working at the welfare hub (located at ///maker.frame.cape).
The young person will be provided with a wristband to wear containing contact details for their guardian.
You must bring valid and current ID with you - Valid IDs must be photographic.
We will be accepting the following types of ID for entry into the event:
- Current UK or Overseas Driving License
- Current UK or Overseas Current Passport
- Overseas Only Valid National ID card
- UK only 18 + PASS scheme card
- Young Scot Cards
- Ireland Age Card
- Forces ID Card
This is in line with the national Challenge 25 policy.
**Photocopies of ID does not count as valid ID. Must be original documents
Please familiarise yourself with the site layout
There are a number of items that are prohibited. Please familiarise yourself with these
If caught with any of these items, you may be refused entry and prosecuted.
The wonderful team from TLC Welfare return with their team of highly experienced workers to provide information and support to customers and staff. Anyone that might find themselves in a difficult or distressing situation, welfare are there to help as part of our safeguarding procedures at the event. They assist anyone in a vulnerable position, have lost friends or just need to take some time out from the gig. They also work closely with our first aid and medical teams to provide an area for recovery if someone has been provided with medical care whilst at the event.
The team also assist with repatriation of customers who are looking for a place to meet with friends or family when they become separated.
They have emergency supplies of sanitary products, condoms, ponchos and sun cream if the weather permits!
All welfare staff are PVG/Disclosure checked and have experience outside the gig of working with vulnerable people, young adults and children.
Welfare is positioned at both the East and West entrances for anyone who hasn’t yet entered the site and requires support.
The site is found inside the event next to the West entrance and 1st aid (///maker.frame.cape)
New location at the event which allows customers to remove themselves from the crowd to de-sensitise and chill out and highly trained wellness and crisis support teams from Crew 2000. A safe hub and quiet area – have a chat, chill out, take a break, relax, hydrate and re-energise.
Samaritans will have a team onsite next to the wellbeing area to provide emotional support for customers and staff at the event.
St Andrews First Aid – glitter station
For a small donation, the charity who provide support volunteers on our accessible platform will do glitter face and body makeup on customers. Located next to the wellbeing area in the west of the site.
First Aid Facilities
There are 2 main customer 1st aid points in the East and West of the festival
East – next to East entrance ///counts.range.vase
West – next to Welfare in the West ///leap.darker.rock
First aid staff also patrol the event and entrance lanes during peak times
We have a fully staffed and equipped A&E facility onsite managed by a team of qualified and experienced doctors, nurses and consultants.
The Charge Candy phone charging facility is located next to the needle ///clear.supper.salads
We are going cash free. We will be operating a cashless site in 2021 and all bars and food traders will only accept debit/credit card or mobile payment from both apple or android devices.
Don’t fear if you bring cash, you can exchange this at the bars for a BLEEP contactless device to use at the festival.
There will be no provisions to purchase cigarettes within the festival site this year. Fans are reminded that they cannot leave and re-enter the site throughout the day.
We will have 2 merchandise stalls at the event
In the centre of the site next to the cinch viewing platform ///statue.files.belt
In the East next to King Tuts Stage ///backed.rival.stocks
Dedicated entrance into the site for VIP ticketholders ///grow.pushes.kite
You can upgrade to VIP.
DJ playing throughout the day and night to customers with bars located in the marquee and specialist cocktail and prosecco vendors.
Additional food units within the area and a load of flushing toilets
Main Stage Audience
We’ll have a new controlled entrance to access the area closest to the main stage. These areas are available for everyone on a first come/first served basis. Entry to Pen 1 is next to the food units stage right, and Pen 2 entry is next to VIP entrance. If the area is full, signage and stewards will get the message out.
Ticket Terms & Conditions
Please see the official Ticketmaster Purchase Policy here
Please see the official Festicket Booking Conditions here
Please see the official Ticket Scotland Terms and Conditions here
Please see the official SEE Tickets Consumer Terms and Conditions here
Please see the official Ticketmaster Payment Plan Terms and Conditions below
As Viagogo is not an official ticketing agent, we do not recommend customers purchase their tickets from this, or any, secondary selling sites. Unfortunately, because of this, we cannot confirm that you will be guaranteed entry to the event using a ticket purchased from Viagogo.
If you have already purchased your ticket from Viagogo, we would advise you to contact them directly if you have any concerns